Mental stress is a natural feeling that fells to the man. This occurs when you are under stress or emotionally disturbed. Also, you may feel this when you are doing your daily routine. It may affect the success of your life. Because it encourages you to keep your daily routine activities actively. But if you are working under high pressure it may be a huge problem. The ability to cope with stress varies from person to person. Also, stress can affect your thoughts and activities.
Symptoms of Mental Stress
- Decline in self-esteem
- Causing negative thoughts
- The difficulty of getting the mind to agree.
- High consumption of liquor and smoking.
- Talking too much
- Changes in food habits
- Difficult to make decisions
- Pain in the body
- Causing abdominal cramps
- Sweating more
- Difficulties in breathing
The above symptoms can vary from person to person. Mainly the following reasons can cause mental stress. But it is unable to take the right reason. As it varies from person to person.
- Economic problems
- Problems in the job
- Death of a close friend
- Family problems
- Problems with existing relationships with others
- Problems between loved ones
When you are under mental stress, your body is over-exerting stress hormones such as cortisol, adrenaline, and noradrenaline. These hormones add more to the blood when you are under pressure. Due to these hormones, your body adapts to work with stress and risk.
Complications due to stress
- High blood pressure
- Heart diseases
- Sleep-related problems
- Eating disorders
- Decrease immunity
Ways to control stress
- Run a stress diary for a few weeks. Write the date, time, place, what are you doing when you are getting stress, what you feel, what you remember, what are you talking about and everything. It can help you to find the reasons that cause stress things that increase stress, what are the things you should do to minimize them.
- Avoid unhealthy strategies like smoking taking more liquor and etc.. Instead of them follow the healthy strategies like walking, swimming, being with your loved ones, doing hobbies and etc..
- Relax your body and mind. Do breathing exercises and relaxation therapies. Do regular exercise. They can give strength to you to cope with mental stress.
- Keep only achievable targets. Make a good timetable and manage your time.
- Talk frequently to someone you are loving. enjoy and spend time with friends.
- Think about the ways to control the factors affecting stress. Think positively.
- Have a balanced healthy diet. Avoid food containing caffeine and sugar.
- Have a good sleep. As sleep can refresh you.
If you are unable to control stress from the above steps it is better to meet your doctor and get medical advice.